Monday, June 28, 2010

Monday, Day 22

First a health update: Hubby will hopefully be released tomorrow, he is so pumped full of antibiotics that it is scary... They think the infection started in the bladder, and then he might have gotten bitten by a spider or bug, which caused the secondary leg infection. But no one knows.
Sky, our little one, has swimmers ear, and after treating homeopathically for 5 days he is now on anti-biotic ear drops. Hopefully he is feeling better by tomorrow, right now he screams when he just touches his ear.
Men! I always say that the Y-chromosome makes them the weaker sex!

I did not work out on Saturday at all, but was running up and down all day cleaning, cooking prepping, etc. So I felt I was very active, but had no time for exercise between the party and going to the hospital and everything else. Sunday was better, I got 3 workouts in. And today, Monday, I also got 3 in, its now 10:30 pm and we just got power back after a storm came through this afternoon and knocked out the power. I already slept for almost 2 hours, but woke up when the power came back, so here I am updating the blog instead of doing the 4th workout. But the house is hot, and I will go to sleep again in 1 minute!

Thank you all so much for your comments and thoughts, its great to know that you are thinking about us!

But looking forward now to normalcy again....

6 comments:

  1. Hi Annette, sorry to hear you got lots of ill family in the house. Hope they're all getting better. Just one tip for Sky's ears. (more than tested). Ears generally indicate a "dirty" stomach, so i've alwyas healed ear infections very quickly by doing this:
    Apply a green clay compress on the stomach area. 3 hours then 1h rest then again (fresh one). At the same time apply drops of pure fresh lemon juice (straight out of the lemon) into the ear. I've used this method for more than 20 years now on my daughter and granddaughter.
    Another good method, but maybe slightly slower, depends, is to take a cabbage leaf (whole), warm it with an iron, crush it so the juices come out and then bind it over the ear for a while. I remember as a kid it once helped me absolutely miraculously. But haven't had much more experience after that. But cabbage is very powerful, so definitely worth a try.
    I hope it's of any help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all gets back to normal soon A xx Thinking of you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to read the update Annette - and I hope your hubby and son are both recovering well. I don't know how you manage to cope with everything going on at once - do take care of yourself too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope everyone is feling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a superwoman!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When it rains it pours - I am so sorry. You're doing fantastic and makes my down day seem rather small. Sickness, lack of power and other challenges. Hope everyone is back up to running power shortly.

    I can say that ear infections are just horrible for kids. When our daughter had hers - it was bad. And she was a girl. :)

    ReplyDelete