Saturday, June 26, 2010

Saturday, day...20??

I am loosing track of time... What a crazy few days! My husband had invited 10 of his old class mates to our house for a get-together today, so about 20 people with wives. I took Thursday off to clean the house and get ready, but then our son had an ear infection and stayed home with me. Needless to say, the house didn't get cleaned! So last night we wanted to get it all done, but my husband was feeling really bad and we ended up in the ER. Turns out he has a bladder and leg infection and they wanted to keep him overnight. Luckily I had dropped off our little guy at a friends house for a sleepover before, but I left the ER at around 2:15 am!
This morning I wanted to cancel that reunion party at our house, but most people were on their way and couldnt be reached. So I ended up cleaning the house, getting all the food ready, and then hosting 10 people (Luckily a few didn't make it for various reasons!!). It is now almost 8pm, I have not done any workouts today, but between running around like a mad women, driving to the hospital twice (hubby will have to stay until at least Monday!), and only 3 hours of sleep last night I will forget about the workouts today, and go straight to bed now!
And our son still has the ear-infection... :-(

On the bright side I ate very well, had a handful of roasted nuts (they just were so tasty) and one small bite of a dessert (that was quality assurance, and it was only 1!!!) and did not have any beer or wine, which just right now that I am finally sitting down I really would love to have...

I sure hope all of you are having a much better weekend so far - the final 10 days are here!!

9 comments:

  1. Holy cow, Annette! What a crappy weekend! Give my regards to Dennis, and I'll see you tomorrow. Sleep well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope everyone gets better, you better put on your super woman outfit, you sound so busy. and hubby didnt even get to catch up with everyone, not good. take care and look after yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, what a stress... As it is said It never rains but it pours. I hope your family will be well soon!

    Thank you for your look into my blog. I was following your Meltdown 2010 blog and you were really my great inspiration for entering this June program. Well as to my 9lbs loss: frankly speaking when one is fat it is relatively easy to lose something. The last few pounds will be more stubborn, but we will conquer them, no doubt!

    I keep fingers crossed for your family and your success in this program!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You poor soul Annette - what an awful time you have had! I do hope hubby is recovering well, I'm sure he is in good hands. You are a miracle woman looking after all those people after such a trial. Hope the little chap is better soon too. Remember to care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you guys! No, not miracle women, just muddling my way through and trying to stay positive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, what a weekend! Hope this week is much better for you, and your husband has recovered.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tell Dennis to get feeling better soon. What a day, good grief, that's one for the record books. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a manic time you are having. Hope your husband is improving.

    Well done for resisting all the naughty things at the party. A little dessert does not count!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry for how things have gone. When it rains - it pours - every time. Our thoughts are with you. All our best to you and your family.

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete