Thursday, June 24, 2010

Thursday Day 17

So we got our new assignments today: the new bodyweight workouts, that I so love, and that I can not do right now due to my shoulder... I have always felt the twinge with the dive-bomber, so I will not push it right now. Even though I am getting a little bored with all the squats and lunge variations that need to stand in for the upper body exercices. But I want to heal, to play volleyball, and do the dive bomber, and use my arm without pain!
I was home today, took the day off, but then Sky, my 7year old ended up home with an ear infection as well. So here went my plans for all the cleaning I meant to do! But it was also fun having the time with him. Now my hubby came home from work with 102 fever, shivering in the 100F warm weather! Not fun, we have no clue what is going on with him. I might have to play nurse Betty for a day or two...

Even though I was home that 4th workout was tough! I had to force myself, but got it in. I was hoping Dax would waive the 4th workout by now, but no, he is insisting we keep it. Just on the first couple hours of my 24 hour fast, had a nice carb dinner, and now its water until tomorrow dinner! I am so relieved I don't have to think about food tomorrow, even though I have those nice salmon fish sticks in the fridge.... Time for bed, good night!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your comment yesterday. I lost the plot a little unfortunately! BUT I'm putting it behind me, nothing I can do about it now. I'm feeling good today so I'll just keep going from here, Day 19 and a new workout and diet protocol!
    All the best
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annette, just read your post and.. can´t believe you like the body weight workout?! How do you do it?? I don´t seem to have enough strength in my shoulders to even do 1!!
    Anyway, hope the family gets better, and... btw you´re one day behind in your count.. today friday is day 19. :)
    Good luck with your shoulder, it´s my weak point too and has hurt for many months but seems to have gotten better with all the exercise i´m doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Annette, I sooooo hope you're right! (I trust you, hehe!) I have decide that from now on I will just do them, as slowly as I need to but DO THEM. I quite like tough exercises, normally, when they represent a challenge, but I must say, this is way over my "normal" capacities, so I can't wait to be as fit as you :)
    How I ended up here.. long story. My parents came to Spain 32 years ago (with us kids) and life has brought me back here 17 years ago. And now I have my daughter, granddaughter and (English) boyfriend here.. so I'm kinda stuck :) But of course... it's much sunnier than anywhere else and the beach is only 2 km from here, so all in all it's not too bad.
    I send you a bit of sunshine to UK (I assume that's where you are?).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Annette

    It's so good to catch up on everyone's blogs! So - glad to hear the shoulder is getting better - and sorry to here that hubby and son are not well. I hope both get well very soon. Well done you - you seem to be doing so well!

    ReplyDelete