Monday, June 7, 2010

"Muffin" recipe

I played with a new recipe yesterday, and it turned out quite tasty, so I want to share it with you (I know Robin will be the ultimate judge of my baking later at work today! :-) )

1 cup pitted dates
2 cups puffed rice (organic, from the cereal area, nothing but rice as ingredient!)
1 cup raw nuts (I used pecans today)
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (optional)
1/4 cup flax seed (optional)
pinch of sea salt
1 to 2 eggs depending on size - start with one and you can add another if needed!
3 TS coconut oil or butter

Put everything in food processer and process until a paste form. This is when you can add the 2nd egg if needed.
Scoop little heaps into a muffing pan (this will not raise!) or on a sheet pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.

Enjoy!

2 comments: