Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thursday, Day 25 - almost there!

Well, only 5 more days.... and today Dax finally took away the 4th workout. I have to admit that I had not been doing 4 workouts for a while now, sometimes barely got 3 in, which has less to do with timing, and more with my stupid shoulder injury.

It started getting better last week and I was easing back into push-ups, but well, now it hurts even more then before and the bone is sticking out even higher. With that said I have been doing mostly Meltdown, alternating lower body with core work, and the cardio on the bike. So my legs are just super tired, feel very heavy, and hurt! From squat variations to all the lunge variations, plus the squat-roll-back-stand-up thingey, its all there, but 3 times a day? It gets old, really old.

I will finish as strong as I can, but I will be happy when this is over. My main concern this time around was more the diet part, I know that I will always work out and be reasonably fit, but I tend to eat too much sweets and too many carbs. At least the diet has been good this challenge, even the hated low carb has not been that bad this time! I had a really hard time with it in January, but somehow this time was okay, even though now all the fresh fruit is in season! The fasts are going well, but I knew that I could do them and actually enjoy them.

So, all in all a mixed bag this time around and I know that I could have done more if my body allowed me to. But for now it has to be the Power Circuit with one arm, and lots of meltdown combinations!

Time for bed, hubby is finally home and I am working from home this week to be there for him. The bright side is that he is completely dependent on me right now since he can't walk: he is having broccoli and caulifower with eggs for breakfast, yoghurt as a snack, lean meat with beans for lunch, and dinner tonight was a big salad with organic chicken and more cauliflower :-) Maybe I can make him loose a few pounds of the many he needs to loose? So far he has not complained about it, which makes me very happy :-)

5 comments:

  1. Dear Ann, thanks for your kind words! You seem to always find the time to support us all on top of your own family problems, tiredness etc. You're amazing! Like many, I'm very tempted to say "thank God it's all over soon" but I really hope that Dax is going to give us some instructions on how to carry on on a slightly less heavy intensity key.. If we all go back as to how it was before, we'll end up as we were before too, won't we??
    Anyway, I wish you lots of strength and luck with your shoulder. Mine were both bad for a very long time but luckily for me, the mobility Matrix seems to have improved it A LOT!! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are on the mend Annette! Your husband too! I guess he is a captive partaker of the ED for awhile. How can he not enjoy having someone cook for him for a change?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you have hubby home Annette - it must be a relief for you. Broccoli for breakfast sounds interesting - if I fed that to my hubby I'd be running for cover I think! :o) You have done tremendously well with all that on your plate, doing your own MAP and providing all that support in the forums and on blogs - you are super woman in my book. Thank you - and you take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done so well with everything going on lately, including your injury. And you've been such an inspiration on the forum, thank you! Just a few days to go now... and then it's back to Reboot! Hubby is trying out a few workouts from Reboot 4, just one a day though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear the Hubby is home again and even on board with ED! We have to do what we can to get the rest of our family involved.
    And the chia gel is now offically called froggy juice in my house, sigh. :) Hailey had froggy juice and bannana smoothie for breakfast this morning.

    ReplyDelete