Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 27 - almost there!

Almost there... yesterday was fast day, which was uneventful. I did break it one hour early, just because we for once had an early dinner, and I didn't feel like waiting. Once I hit the 20 hour mark I feel my body got enough benefits out of the fast, so I am fine with missing an hour here.

The one thing I did change today though is that I am not doing the wave anymore. I just really don't like the low carb days, they didn't do too much for me this time around, and I usually end up eating way too many nuts. So I just ate ED today, quite a feat since they had free pizza at work, cake, cookies, pralines, jelly-beans, nougat made by our pastry chefs (which I LOVE!!!), but I stayed strong and had my salad with chicken and an orange. At least I had the fruit today!

Going forward I will keep one fast day a week, not sure I want to do it every 4 days, but once a week will be a good break. And I can't wait to get back to one workout a day, instead of 3.
Just finished the last Meltdown and did again lots of kettlebell stuff. Hubby got me a 30 lbs one for christmas, I only had a 20 pound bell, so I definetly feel the 10 extra pounds. Swings, snatches, goblet squats, spidermans, jumping lunges: I did get my heartrate up pretty well!
I was trying to do exercises that worked my posterior muscles, since I know that the BW workouts tomorrow morning will take care of my anterior, aka quads...

I can tell by the posts on the site that we all seem to be happy that this intense phase is over soon, despite being happy that we did it and great results for the most part. But the price to pay was high, I am proud to say that I stuck with it and didn't give in, didn't miss more then 5 workouts in this months, and stuck to the diet. I wasn't OCD about it and probably ate my fair share of non ED friendly things by eating out, but I did the best I could and feel good about my choices.

All my clothes fit better, I am much stronger then I was before, and this was the perfect start into the new year. Now as Dax said (go to http://www.londonpersonaltrainingstudio.com/blog/ for more info!), it is up to us to define our goals, not tell lies about what we will do, and go forward. I am considering buying the Magic 100 program, I have never really made too much of an effort to work on my goals, and this might be a great new step.

Not just a focus on health and fitness, but including family, work, etc. Let's finish those last few days, and then move on! I am proud of how far we have come in this short time :-)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are still just doing great, Annette! I agree about the low carb days! I have stopped doing them too. I just get to ravenous to have them again on the high carb days! Then I go overboard! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete