Sunday, October 11, 2009

week one Sunday night reflection

The first week is over, and I have to admit that I am not too proud of what I did. I started out great for the first few days, workouts good, food good, motivation good. Towards the end of the week it all started crumbling. At first I felt it was just a day, but that day turned into 2, then 3.

So I had basically 3 rest days instead of one, and those with bad food choices. We took a road trip today and I got to talk it over with my husband. He is pretty overweight, and right now does not watch at all what he is eating.

He goes on an Atkins style diet every once in a while, which I don't agree with at all, but its his choice. At least we cook and eat very healthy when he is on it, so in that regards I am loving it! Well, he brought home so much junk, and ate so much crab, that I think I got really angry at him for eating so badly and gaining all the weight back, that he had lost in his last Atkins try, that as a response I eat crab as well!

I never thought about it, but I think I get in this "who cares" mode when I get angry at him. Not exactly a good reaction, especially since I blame him basically for not taking care of himself, and then I find myself in exactly the same situation!! How dumb is this??? I get angry at him for doing what then I do as well!

Well, the bright side is that I feel that I am aware of something now, that I was not aware of before. I will pack away the junk food in the house before I go to bed today and prepare for this new week.

Back to working out and eating well, because I am worth it and I can take care of myself!!!!

Rant over.... time to put away the empty calories, and I will do a few squats and push ups for good measure as well....

3 comments:

  1. Yes, when hubby and I get in arguments about money I do the same thing. I am a comfort eater. It is hard not to be. Emotional stuff really does effect us.

    But I know you can do this...you can be successful. On those bad days just remind yourself what you are working towards and why it is important to keep working hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You identified a problem and you're thinking about solutions - I call that progress!

    It is hard to change our bad habits - that's why we have them! I think the important thing is to keep trying, and gradually more and more of the good habits will stick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its good you realize what you are doing. Thats the first step in figuring out how to change it. Don't let one day or a few days get you down..leave it behind and move on. We all have those days, (heck, I just had one of those weeks!) but choosing to make the next day or 2 or 3...better is what matters!

    I have tried to get my DH to eat healthy as well and now I just let it go. Its his life..soon enough, when he is ready, he will realize some changes need to be made. If there is one thing I know..its we cant get someone to do something until they are ready.

    Best of luck to you this week!

    ReplyDelete