Friday, October 9, 2009

Finally weekend!

Friday night, and the week is over - at least the workweek! I am ready for some relaxation and time for my workouts, feel really stressed today. I did well until now, did my workouts plus some very light easy cardio, took a few walks, ate well, and just right now, Friday night, with our little guy at a dogeball event, I crashed. I had brought home a box of caramel candy, that one of my customers gave me today. Well, I should have just had one or two and called it a day. Instead I watched my husband eat them all, feeling all superiour due to my willpower. Then he went to bed early (he gets up at 3am during the week), and I was alone in the kitchen. Major cravings! I started with some nuts, then some of my home made "Larabars", some yoghurt, but nothing hit the spot.

Well, half a bar of chocolate and 3 big twizzlers later, I realized that I really wanted a caramel (they were the artisinal made, very delicous ones, not the cheap grocery store type), and that I should have just had one...

Lesson learned! I know that I will do some extra physical activity tomorrow, so hopefully this binge will not blow my whole week.

The weather is just lovely right now, very beautiful autumn with all the leaves starting to turn, and we had over 80 degrees today in Maryland. Just gorgeous! This weekend should see me inline skating and biking and enjoying the sun (hopefully that rain front will be very slow and not come until Monday!).

2 comments:

  1. My Husband and I were just talking about that yesterday - when we get all strict and completely deny ourselves, it's more likely to lead to a binge. Allowing ourselves a little of what we want seems to work better. It was just one bad day though, I wouldn't worry about it too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am writing this Sunday night UK time and hope that by now you have had a great week-end, of sunshine and fun with your family. I would echo JavaChick's comment too about being really strict. You have to find what works for you though, I vary between being able to have just one and having the whole box and as of yet have not worked out what triggers which response, so at the moment I'm being a nothing kind of gal and that works for me.

    ReplyDelete