Tuesday, October 13, 2009

So far, so good!

After last weeks downhill race I am committed to doing much better this week. No matter what my other half eats or does! He will come around I hope at his pace, as much as I want to force it.
Did my workout yesterday and today, and just had some dental surgery done this afternoon. They had to take some bone out in the back to allow the dentist access to a cavity that formed below the gum line. Not fair, I am such a stickler for dental hygiene! But well, it's done now, I am happy on a double dose of Ibuprofen, and hopefully I will be okay tomorrow for a workout during lunch time. I will see how I feel, but at least some cardio should be okay. This is what the bike or elliptical are for!

I decided to make Monday from noon until Tuesday noon my 24 hour fast day. I did Brad Pilons Eat stop Eat last year for a couple of months, but somehow didn't stick with it. Interestingly enough the 24 hour fast comes very easy to me (well, the first 20 hours are easy, the last 4 are pure will power!!). But I really like that I don't have to think about packing lunch, snacks, etc. for the day, it is pretty freeing! So besides eating healthy, wholesome foods I will have 1 fast day a week. So when I have my "junkie days" it hopefully will not register too badly on my health! And I know that I always have those days every once in a while, and its okay. Life is short, and sometimes chocolate and cake are your best friends!

2 days down this week, 5 more to come, and Angie I promise you, I will stick with the program this week! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Oh poor you! I hate having dental work done. Hope you're not too sore tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annette,

    We could have been posting at the same time! I've just posted about how I like fasting when I'm stuck in meetings. I do supper to supper. I've not tried noon til noon. I wonder whether the first day is harder and the second easier or vice versa. Any reason you do it that way? I do mine the other because that's what Dax told us to do.

    Did you download Eat Stop Eat? what did you think? I've been wondering about it.

    keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete