Sunday, October 4, 2009

Stats beginning of challenge

weight: 140 lbs
chest: 88 cm/34.6 inches
waist 78 cm/30.7 inches
hip 95 cm/37.4 inches
thigh 56 cm/22 inches
calve 35 cm13.8 inches
arm 30 cm/11.8 inches

My goals are: to get below the 135 lbs mark.
To do 30 good form push ups (currently 20 to 25 max)
Do 5 wide grip pull ups (currently 3)
Fit into a size 4
Be a healthy and fit role model for my 6 year old son, so that I can teach him good eating habits, all the sports I like, plus learn a few new ones with him!

My biggest obstacles: eating while at work!!! And I am surrounded by sweets at work (I work for a gourmet food company with an R&D kitchen and 3 wonderful pastry chefs, and have chocolates on my desk at any given time as samples).
I have a sedentary job and don't move enough.
My husband, who is a chef and cooks the most delicious, unhealthy food :-)
Motivation: I need a good kick in the rear sometimes!

How to overcome the obstacles: I will try to add more activity to my day.
I will have apples or veggies every time I am tempted to eat junk at work.
I will do 10 to 15 minutes of easy cardio every morning to get the blood flowing.
Hopefully this group will hold me accountable and we will all support each other!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Annette

    Your week-end sounded like good preparation.

    I'll enjoy following your blogging

    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound very focused - good for you!

    ReplyDelete