Wednesday, December 9, 2009

3 more weeks in this year....

Time just goes by so quickly, again 2 weeks without a post! A comment from JavaChick made me think about why I eat the way I eat. Seems she has similar issues: eating clean and healthy for a while, and then blowing it.
I have read tons of stuff on emotional eating, will power, determination, etc. etc., and still it seems something doesn't click with me. Some people would say that I am not serious about weight/fat loss. Others might say I have no will power. Whatever it is, I haven't figured it out yet!
In general I think I eat healthier then 80% of the population even on bad days, and I know that I feel much better without wheat and any processed food. And of course without sugars, and here is the problem. Even when I did the Dax Moy Elimination diet for 3 months this summer, which was awesome and I did well on it, the moment I allow myself a little treat it is all over.... One bite leads to the next, and its all downhill from there.
As much as I try not to like sweets: I love them!!! Even after 3 months, when I was hoping my taste buds had evolved, I still fall for all the sugary crap.

I do well for a few days or weeks, and then boycott myself with out of control sweet intake. Yes, I eat more, when it is there and I see it. Yes, I eat more of it when I am stressed at work. Yes, I eat more of it when hubby and I have an argument.

But still, why can't I get a grip on this? I know what is going on, and still fall short of my goals, what gives?

Okay, much more to ponder and think about. Its a journey, and sometimes it is a step forward and a step back. But there will be progress and I will not gain weight over the holidays! Hopefully I will even loose a pound or two in the next 3 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment