Tuesday, November 24, 2009

late November resolutions and goals


This is a picture of the lake and the mountains where I grew up: beautiful Bavaria!

Wow, it has been almost a month since my last post! Partly because of my parents visiting, partly because of being sick with the flu and traveling, and partly because I felt that I needed my sleep more then computer time at night...

I have been posting on Angie's Fitchickexpress site, and she had the idea about not waiting for January 1st to come up with resolutions, but to start right away.

I did post whatever popped in my head at that time, but I think that this list would be a really good one to work from. So here it is again:

1. stop procrastinating - why postpone a workout or a hard work project, I know I need to do it anyway? I might as well do it right away and then have "play"time

2. Stop over-eating/drinking. I eat so well for a while, and then I just loose it and eat whatever and have the beer or wine with it as well. Especially sweets, really bad. I feel this is what's holding me back, since a couple days of pigging out make all my good eating null and void. So how to get better? I will start a food journal for a few weeks (not sure if I have the patience for Sparks, a good pocket book might have to do).

3. Take daily quiet time for myself: meditation, reading a spiritual book, practicing yoga...

4. Take my 6 year old hiking/skiing/skating/in-line skating/play tennis with him, work out with him.... on a much more regular basis!

5. Start learning Spanish! Even though I would love Italian much more, but Spanish just comes in much more handy!

and for good measure:
6. Answer friends e-mails right away (instead of tomorrow, later, whenever I have time - because that just doesn't happen, and then: see point 1!!!)

That's my list for now, there might be a few add ons later, but I feel that will keep me plenty busy!

Have a wonderful and happy Thanksgiving!!

2 comments:

  1. Annette,

    Its great to have you back and what a great set of resolutions. Enjoy them

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing with eating - I do great for a while and it doesn't even seem that hard, then suddenly I seem to lose all control. I guess maybe practice makes perfect?

    ReplyDelete